Cadence, Inc. is headquartered in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, with manufacturing facilities in Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin. As an integral part of the community in which we live, Cadence is committed to giving back on an on-going basis. In the past twelve years, Cadence’s mission to better the community has resulted in over $400,000 in charitable contributions.
Cadence founder, Martin Lightsey, with recipients of the 2016 Martin Lightsey Scholarship.
Our philanthropic priorities include:
- Education: We direct the majority of our philanthropy to support educational initiatives. Technical education, with an emphasis on manufacturing technology, is the primary focus of our grant-making activities. Education grants range from $500 - $5,000. Nonprofit organizations, including schools, are to submit an APPLICATION FOR SUPPORT for their educational initiative. A committee of employees reviews and responds to all applications on a quarterly basis.
- Additionally, we support other Community and Capital needs. Beginning in 2017, we will undertake this in partnership with the Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge’s Community Grants Program. We encourage nonprofit organizations engaged in the following charitable activities to submit an application for support through the Community Foundation. The deadline for their annual Community Grants Program is in early February.
Funding requests are reviewed by a group of Cadence employees quarterly, and applicants will be notified regarding their decisions within one month of the due date. For more information, or to apply for funding, follow the link below:
Cadence is committed to giving back to the community and supports the following causes along with many others:
- Augusta Regional Free Clinic
- Augusta County Regional Governors School
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Blue Ridge Community College & Tech Prep
- Community Foundation – Martin Lightsey Scholarship Fund
- Community Foundation–Community Giving Program
- Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Pennsylvania Bio
- Ponaganset High School's FIRST® Robotics team
- Red Cross
- Riley Children's Foundation
- Shenandoah Valley Partnership
- Shenandoah Valley Technology Council
- Salvation Army
- Special Olympics
- The Tomorrow Fund
- Valley Alliance For Education
- Virginia Biotechnology Association
- Virginia Career Education